Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan. This vegan sweet potato curry has got us pretty excited around these parts. The past week we\’ve been testing it and then shooting it so we\’ve been We used coconut milk (the full fat version) for this vegan sweet potato curry, but you could use coconut cream if you wanted to make it even richer, or. Creamy sweet potato curry with spinach!
Sweet potato and chickpeas, both of which are hearty but won\’t weigh you down, are swimming As long as you reach for a Thai red curry paste that doesn\’t contain fish sauce (we like the Thai Kitchen brand, which is easy to find at grocery stores), this meal is vegan. Simply divide it into portions, cool and. Keywords: vegetarian curry, sweet potato curry, red curry, yellow curry, curry paste. You can have Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- It\’s 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It\’s 3 cm of chunk fresh ginger, grated.
- You need 1 of red chilli, finely chopped – or 1/3 tsp chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It\’s 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- It\’s 50-100 ml of stock or hot water.
- It\’s 1 of butternut squash, cut into bitesized chunks.
- Prepare 1 of sweet potato, cut into bitesized chunks.
- You need of Couple of Handfuls of baby spinach or coriander – or any leafy green.
I have a ton of cubed butternut squash in the fridge. Think I can use that instead of sweet potatoes for similar/same results? This looks so good I don\’t want to wait to make it but have to use what\’s in the. This simple vegan curry with sweet potatoes, tomatoes, peas, and tofu is easy to make and checks all the food group boxes.
Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later.).
- Sauté the onion for about 10-15 mins..
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, cinnamon and turmeric. Sauté for a couple of mins..
- Add the creamy solid bit from the coconut milk. Sauté for a couple of mins..
- Add the squash, sweet potato and rest of the coconut milk as well as about 250 ml of stock. Bring to boil. Simmer and cover until the squash and potato are cooked – about 45mins. Check to make sure it’s not going dry – add more stock if it is..
- Once the squash and potato are cooked, remove from the heat and squeeze the lime in and stir the leafy greens in. Put the lid back on for a few mins so the greens wilt slightly..
- Serve and enjoy 😋.
This vegan sweet potato curry with peas and tofu is easy to make, healthy and full of flavour. Once the sweet potato is tender, add the rest of the ingredients, mix it up and you\’re done! Keyword vegan sweet potato curry, chickpea curry, coconut curry. i suppose the sweet potatoes and chickpea that you got (both being fat protein rich ) along with the thicker coconut milk may have given out a more creamy texture. try reducing the coconut milk to half your quantity and add some. Vegan sweet potato curry is a delicious meat-free meal. It\’s easy to make, gluten-free and full of nutrients, including an anti-cancer protein, sporamin If there are any new vegans out there reading this post, I wanted to say \’hi!