Baked Char Siu (Cantonese Barbeque).
You can have Baked Char Siu (Cantonese Barbeque) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Char Siu (Cantonese Barbeque)
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame seed oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh ginger (minced).
- You need 4 of country style ribs.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- You need 1 tsp of hot chili oil.
Baked Char Siu (Cantonese Barbeque) step by step
- Start off by preheating your oven to 350F, then line a baking dish with aluminum foil. Spray lightly with non-stick spray..
- Now season your ribs with salt and pepper. Don't go crazy as the soy sauce will provide quite a bit of salt..
- Place your ribs in the baking dish and put them in the oven. We're going to be baking them for 1 -1/2 hours so set your timer..
- Once the ribs are on their way combine all of the other ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined..
- About 1/2 hour into the cooking process we can start basting our ribs. Apply a liberal amount with a basting brush and continue basting every twenty minutes or so until the ribs are finished cooking..
- With about ten minutes left on your timer, check the ribs. By now they should be getting nice and crispy on the outside. If they aren't, when the timer gets down to five minutes you can stick them under the broiler for a minute or two to crisp up. Keep a close eye on them, we don't want burnt ribs..
- Remove from oven and let them rest for 10 minutes..
- Now we're finished. ENJOY!.