Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls.
You can have Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls using 34 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls
- It’s of ● For The Rice Vermicelli.
- It’s of as needed Rice Vermicelli.
- You need 8 oz of Rice Vermicelli.
- You need 3 tbsp of Pureed Squeezable Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Fresh Thai Basil [chopped].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chopped Fresh Mint [chopped].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ginger [chopped].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black Or White Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of each Extra Thai Basil & Mint [optional].
- Prepare 1 of large Pot With Lid.
- You need 1 of Strainer.
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- It’s 1 cup of Each: Shreadded Cabbage Or Lettuce – Bean Sprouts – Cilant.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sliced Diakon Radishes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Chopped Ginger.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Jalapeño Peppers [or other thai peppers – fine chop].
- It’s of Seafood.
- You need 1 lb of Pre-Cooked Chilled Large or Miniature Shrimp.
- Prepare of Spring Roll Wrapers.
- Prepare 12 of 9" Spring Roll Wraps.
- It’s 1 of large Bowl Hot Water.
- You need of ● For The Condiments.
- You need 1 Bottle of Sweet Chili Sauce.
- You need 1 Bottle of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Bottle of Hoisin Sauce.
- It’s 1 Bottle of Hot Mustard.
- You need as needed of Thai Basil Leaves.
Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls instructions
- Chop all vegetable ingredients and chill in refrigerator until ready to assemble wraps..
- Dethaw shrimp and place in fridge until ready to assemble wraps..
- Boil Rice Vermicelli as per manufacturer directions minus one minute boil time..
- Strain water from Vermicelli but do not rinse..
- Add all ingredients in the Rice Vermicelli section to the base of the pot you boiled your Rice Vermicelli in..
- On a low heat, add Rice Vermicelli into those ingredients and gently stir until well mixed..
- Allow Vermicelli to cool down slightly..
- Authors Note: You also have the option of mixing Vermicelli and seasonings and all vegetables together for quicker and easier constriction. However, the layered technique [shown above] offers far more flavor and allows you to omit any vegetables certain guests may not find desirable..
- Heat a larger plastic bowl with 2" water in the microwave until hot..
- Place one Spring Roll Wrap in hot water for 13 to 18 seconds. 13 seconds works great for me. Be careful with these wet wraps since they can tear easily..
- Pull wrap out immediately and place evenly on a cutting board..
- Place Rice Vermicelli on the wrap and add each of your vegetables [except shreadded cabbage or lettuce] and shrimp. Don't pile it in too thick or your wrap won't roll properly..
- Gently but snugly fold the bottom half of the wrap upwards over the vegetables then fold the right and left sides inward..
- Gently but snugly roll up the rest of the wrap until sealed. Slightly wet down wrap with hands after it's sealed and place on a no stick surface or tinfoil..
- Repeat this process for all 12 wraps..
- Place all wraps on a serving plate covered with shreadded cabbage or lettuce. Repeat layer if stacking your wraps so they don't stick to one another..
- Chill well until ready to serve..
- Garnish wraps with leftover chopped vegetables and serve with soy sauce, a pre-fabed peanut sauce, a quality fish sauce and a spicy Thai Chili sauce! Siracha works great!.
- Authors Note: You can serve these wraps either fresh or fried..
May you Also Like
Recipe: Tasty Wasabi Soy Sauce Radish Salad
Easiest Way to Make Perfect Tea eggs (marbled tea eggs)
Recipe: Yummy Prawns Har gow
Recipe: Delicious Sweet & Sour Battered Chicken with Pineapple 🤗
How to Cook Perfect Sig's Hearty Chinese Leaf
How to Prepare Tasty Turkish borek
Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Bok Choi with Garlic and Oyster Sauce
Recipe: Perfect Mango Sticky Rice
Recipe: Tasty Chicken in soy sauce
Easiest Way to Make Delicious Black Sticky Rice porridge
Recipe: Yummy Chinese Stir-Fry Tofu Bokchoy
Recipe: Tasty Omelette with Sweet & Sour Sauce