Pempek Teri (Anchovy Fishcake).
You can have Pempek Teri (Anchovy Fishcake) using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pempek Teri (Anchovy Fishcake)
- You need of Dough A.
- You need 150 g of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 250 ml of water.
- You need 1 1/2 Tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Dough B.
- It\’s 200 g of anchovy.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 300 g of tapioca flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Cuko sauce.
- It\’s 300 g of palm sugar.
- Prepare 500 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of tamarind.
- It\’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 5 of red chili.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of white vinegar.
- It\’s of Topping.
- You need of Cucumber.
Pempek Teri (Anchovy Fishcake) step by step
- Remove anchovy head and it\’s innard. Blend anchovy and garlic with food processor. Set aside.
- Prepare ingredients for Dough A. Heat the pan and boil water, then add salt and mix well. Turn off the heat and put all purpose flour little by little. Keep stirring while adding the flour. Stir until it thick and incorporated. Let it sit in room temperature..
- Mix Dough A with anchovy. Then add tapioca flour little by little. Stir it with spatula until the dough doesn\’t stick on your finger and it can be shaped..
- Before shaping the dough, boil water in the pan with 1 tbsp of oil..
- Take half of dough for making \’Pempek lenjer\’. Take some flour to the pad and some for your palm, so the dough doesn\’t stick on your hand, nor the pad. Shape it to cylinder (diameter 3 cm, long 10 cm). Once it shaped, put it into boiling water.
- Boil the dough until it floating. It means the dough is cooked. Make sure the dough doesn\’t stick on base of pan. Try to move it with spatula while boiling. Set aside.
- For making \’Pempek kapal selam\’, whisk egg in a bowl. Take dough as big as tennis ball. Press the middle of dough with your finger and make it shape like bowl. Pour 1 tsp of egg into dough. Seal the edge of dough with your finger. Take some flour on your finger while sealing. Put it immediately into boiling water..
- If you having difficulty for making \’pempek kapal selam\’, boil small egg (quail egg) or cut boiled egg into 4. Then wrap it with dough..
- Prepare ingredients for Cuko sauce. Grind garlic and chili on the mortar or you could just blend it. If you don\’t like spicy, you can omit the chili or use 1 or 2 chilies. Set aside.
- Boil water on the pan. Add palm sugar and tamarind, mix it well. Add the garlic and chili into pan. Boil it for 5 minutes, then add white vinegar. Boil again for 1 minute. Strain the sauce and let it cool..
- You can store pempek on the freezer or fry it immediately. Fry it with medium heat until golden brown..
- Serve pempek with Cuko sauce and diced cucumber ✨.
May you Also Like
Recipe: Delicious spicy salmon and tuna fishcakes
Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Philchards Fishcakes
Recipe: Delicious Fishcakes
How to Prepare Perfect Fishcakes
Easiest Way to Make Perfect Fishcake
How to Prepare Yummy Fishcakes (oyster mushrooms)
Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Store cupboard thai fishcake
Easiest Way to Make Yummy Fishcakes
Recipe: Perfect Seaweed, tofu and fishcake soup 海藻豆腐鱼丸汤
Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Salmon fishcakes with spice dijon sauce
Recipe: Appetizing Pilchard Fishcakes
How to Prepare Yummy Smoked salmon and horseradish fishcakes