Vegan Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup).
You can cook Vegan Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) using 28 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup)
- It\’s of Noodle Soup.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, peeled, cut into large chunks.
- It\’s 3 of shallots, peeled, cut in half.
- It\’s 3 cloves of garlic, cut in half.
- Prepare 5 cm of chunck ginger, peeled, cut in half.
- It\’s 1 of cinnamon stick, cut in half.
- You need 1/2 tsp of whole peppercorns.
- It\’s 6 of whole cloves.
- It\’s 4 of star anise.
- You need 1 tsp of neutral-flavored oil.
- It\’s 1 of vegetable bouillon cube.
- It\’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 of carrots, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets.
- You need 20 of medium mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 200 g of rice noodles.
- You need of Tofu Strips.
- It\’s 1 block of firm tofu, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of neutral oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It\’s of Optional Garnish *But Highly Recommended.
- It\’s of Fresh basil.
- Prepare of Bean sprouts.
- Prepare of Sliced green onions.
- Prepare of Sliced radish.
- Prepare of Sliced Lime.
- Prepare of Hoisin sauce.
- It\’s of Chili sauce or Sriracha hot sauce.
Vegan Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) instructions
- Place the onion, garlic, ginger and spices in a medium pot on high heat and dry roast until fragrant, about 2 minutes, stirring throughout. Then add 1 tsp oil and continue to sauté for another 60 seconds before adding 1,5l water and crushing in one vegetable bouillon cube. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 25 min to allow the flavours to meld, partly covered..
- Add a strainer to the top of a large pot on medium-high heat and drain the broth from step #2, straining out the onions, garlic, ginger and spices. To this broth, add the soy sauce and vegetables, partly cover, allowing to simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Prepare the tofu by heating oil in a non-stick pan on high heat, and sprinkle salt to evenly distribute. Then add the sliced tofu to the pan, decrease the heat the heat to medium-high and do not disturb until golden, about 5-8 minutes. Then flip and allow other side to cook; again, do not disturb until golden, about 5 min. Remove from heat and set aside..
- While the veggies cook, add the rice noodles to a small pot on high heat and cover with boiling water. Allow to cook until al dente. Drain and set aside..
- To prepare the noodle bowl, simply divide the noodles between the bowls, ladle veggies and broth on top, add the cooked tofu and load the bowl full with all the garnish. By favourites are the fresh basil, hoisin sauce, bean sprouts and chili sauce. Serve immediately and enjoy while hot!.
- Notes Variations: add any other veggies like bok choy, edamame beans, shiitake mushrooms, fresh cilantro, crispy onion flakes, etc. Speed-it-up: using edamame as your plant-based protein saves time compared to making your own tofu. If doing this, add at the same time you add the carrots to the pot. Storage: best to enjoy immediately. Leftovers can be stored for up to one day and reheated before serving..
May you Also Like
Recipe: Yummy White bean and wild garlic dip - vegan
Recipe: Perfect Vegan Sourdough Pizza Dough/ Pizzas 🌱
Recipe: Tasty Sauté Dry tofu and garlic chive 韭菜炒豆干#家常快炒##Vegan#
Recipe: Yummy BBQ roasted chickpea bowls (vegetarian / vegan)
Recipe: Appetizing Vegan Taco Salad Bowl
Easiest Way to Make Perfect Vegan Chickpea salad 🥗
Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Broccoli, Mushroom, Potato, Peas & Chickpea Curry (Vegan/Veg)
Recipe: Tasty Vegan friendly bakwan sayur (vegetable pancakes)
Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Mushroom avocado toast (vegan)
Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Green Lentil Macaroni *Vegan
Easiest Way to Make Tasty Vegan curry
Recipe: Perfect If-it noodle pot (vegan)