Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi. These flavorful short ribs perfectly illustrate how braised meat cooked on the bone can turn out succulent and tender enough to cut with a fork. The bones also enrich the braising liquid, which marries delectably with the cheese-laced creamy polenta. A bold-flavored Syrah or Zinfandel is ideal for the.
A bold-flavored Syrah or Zinfandel is ideal for the. Braised short ribs are extremely tender and flavorful. Served over creamy polenta or mashed potatoes, you have true comfort food. You can cook Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi using 40 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi
- You need of For the short ribs.
- Prepare 2 of lg short ribs per serving, I made 3 servings.
- Prepare of Salt, white pepper, dry mustard.
- It’s 1/4 of sweet onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of lg cloves garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of red wine, I used a cabernet.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar to taste.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 tbs of minced chives.
- You need of For the polenta.
- It’s 1/4 of sweet onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of lg cloves garlic, minced.
- You need 3 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of white corn meal.
- Prepare 6 oz of merlot belvitano cheese, shredded or cubed.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sour cream.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and white pepper.
- It’s of For the scampi.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of 16-21 count prawns, I used wild argentinian pinks.
- You need of Remove shells, leave tail on.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 of sweet onion, diced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chili flakes.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of For the pan sauce.
- You need of All the drippings from the ribs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of additional red wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of additional balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of honey.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of Garnish.
- You need of Additional chopped parsley and chives.
These creamy and rich Braised Short Ribs with Creamy Polenta make the perfect romantic meal for Valentine's Day or any special occasion! Alas, short ribs enter the picture. At one point short ribs were ridiculously cheap. Few understood that a tough and typically disposable piece of meat I wanted to pair it with something that could absorb the sauce and polenta proved to be perfect for it.
Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi step by step
- Heat a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil. Coat ribs with seasoning generously. Quickly brown on all sides. Set aside..
- In same Dutch oven, add butter and onions. Cook on medium low heat until they start to caramelize. Add garlic and cook one minute. Add parsley and chives, cook one more minute. Add rest of ingredients for the ribs. Bring mixture just to a boil so flavor combines..
- Return the ribs to the Dutch oven. Cover and place in a 300 degree oven for 2 hours. Reduce heat to 170 and continue for 2 more hours..
- Remove ribs to and oven safe plate and place in oven at 170 to keep warm. Cool the cooking liquid until it is Able to be handled. Strain as much fat off of the top as you can. Add remaining ingredients for the sauce except salt. Bring to a simmer and reduce. The sauce should have a shimmery Appearance not too thick like gravy. Salt to taste..
- Start the polenta and scampi at the same time. Polenta in a lg saucepan, scampi in a lg frying pan. Both over medium high heat. Add butter to both and saute onions..
- For the polenta, you don't want onion to caramelize. Just sweat off. When translucent, add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add water, milk, and bouillon. Bring to a boil. When boiling, very slowly whisk cornmeal into liquid. If you go too fast it will be lumpy. As soon as all the cornmeal is incorporated, add cheese and sour cream, reduce heat. Stir constantly until thick and creamy.
- For the scampi, you do want the onion to caramelize a little. When you start seeing the onion brown, add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add rest of scampi ingredients except salt and saute until prawns are cooked. About 3-4 minutes. Taste 1 prawn and add salt if desired..
- To plate, add polenta on the bottom, place short ribs on top of polenta. Scampi on the side. Garnish polenta with parsley, and rib with chives. Spoon pan sauce over ribs and polenta. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Believe it or not, polenta is actually eaten in Provence. I think this recipe for Braised Short Ribs checks all the boxes. I headed to one of our local grocery stores to purchase the ribs. As usual, my co-workers were invited to taste the ribs which were served over a creamy Parmesan polenta. According to them, it is a winner.