Omelette with Sweet & Sour Sauce. I learned about sweet omelets from a friend of mine who was living in Finland and told me about eating omelets with jam. I thought it sounded super weird, but finally decided to give it a try, after realizing it. Learn how to cook a Spanish Omelette made with sweet potatoes in Jonny's Kitchen.
I thought I'd try to make my own Spanish omelette. I first tried a Rick Stein recipe which used salt cod, but I wasn't impressed, so I thought I'd adapt his recipe to make a plainer version. This Sweet Healthy Omelette can be eaten for any meal of the day and you can fill it with your favorite dessert toppings from sugar free syrup to berries and You can fill this delicious sweet omelette with These steps describe exactly how to make the traditional Japanese dish, tamagoyaki, a rolled omelette type dish that's slightly sweet and ideal for bento. You can cook Omelette with Sweet & Sour Sauce using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Omelette with Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Prepare 100 g of Cooked Prawns *cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 1 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- You need of *Optional Extra Ingredients.
- Prepare of – Black Fungus OR Shiitake.
- It’s of – Cooked Bamboo Shoot.
- Prepare of – Carrot *thinly sliced.
- It’s of Oil for cooking.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
- You need 4 of Eggs *lightly whisked.
- You need of <Sauce>.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chicken Stock *OR 1/2 cup Water & 1/2 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Rice Vinegar *add extra if you like it more sour.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Potato Starch Flour.
- Prepare of Salt *as required.
Get started at step one below. A quick and easy breakfast recipe, the tamagoyaki is a tasty Japanese sweet omelet made by adding sugar to eggs and folding into a square. A sweet breakfast omelette you say? Those that know me will know that I am not renowned for an.
Omelette with Sweet & Sour Sauce instructions
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and mix well. Check the flavour, add Salt if required depending on the Chicken Stock you use. *Note: Do not start heating yet..
- For the Omelette, if you add extra ingredients, cook them with small amount of Oil and lightly season with Salt & Pepper..
- Combine Eggs, Prawns, Spring Onion and cooked extra ingredients in a bowl. Season lightly with Salt & Pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon Oil in a frying pan or wok, cook the mixture to form a large omelette..
- Heat the saucepan with the sauce ingredients in it, stirring constantly until the sauce is thickened..
- Place the omelette on a serving plate, pour the sauce over, and enjoy with freshly cooked rice..
Datemaki are Japanese sweet rolled omelette made of egg and hanpen. It's typically served as part of osechi ryori during Japanese New Year's celebration. This sweet potato omelette is quick, easy and geared towards people who are either on the move or loathe the kitchen. Spicy Masala Omelette is an Indian twist on the traditional omelette. It's made with onions, turmeric and chillies and is a great way to spice up brunch!