Aromatic braised pork belly in Chinese spices. ไข่พะโล้. The BEST Red Braised Pork Belly Recipe 紅燒肉 CiCi Li -Asian Home Cooking Recipes. How To Make SUPER CRUNCHY CRISPY PORK BELLY – CHINESE SIU YUK SIEW YOKE 燒肉. • Five Spice Pork Belly Stew w/ Eggs (Instant Pot & Stovetop Recipe) "Kai Palo" ไข่พะโล้.
Add remaining ingredients and just enough water to cover the pork belly. This page is also available in: Thai. This is an aromatic stew that leans into the sweet spectrum of the palate. You can have Aromatic braised pork belly in Chinese spices. ไข่พะโล้ using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aromatic braised pork belly in Chinese spices. ไข่พะโล้
- It’s 500 g of pork belly.
- Prepare Half of block, tofu.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of five spice powder.
- You need 2 of start anise.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of palm sugar or brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soysauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of sweet dark soysauce.
- It’s 4-6 of soft boiled egg (4 mins boiled).
- You need 1 handful of coriander, finely chopped.
- You need 3-4 cups of water.
- It’s of Sauce base.
- Prepare 3 of coriander roots (you can use 1 handful of coriander stalk).
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper corn.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic.
An all-time Thai favorite, moo palo was introduced locally by the Chinese-Cantonese and Tae Chiew immigrants who flocked to the Kingdom in the early nineteenth century. This Chinese braised pork belly five spice recipe was made by Spice House staffers Adam Schwartz and Tracy Turoczy for an event at the Evanston Women's Club. Try Braised Pork Belly in Root Beer, Japanese Beer Braised Short Ribs & Pickled Lotus Root, and Fried Lotus Root with Pork for similar recipes. Once the spices are aromatic, add the pork belly along with the cooking wine and remaining liquids to the pot.
Aromatic braised pork belly in Chinese spices. ไข่พะโล้ instructions
- Pound coriander roots, pepper corn and garlic together in the pestle and mortar until all combine and become paste..
- Cut up pork belly to about 3-4 cm thick..
- On the saucepan add about 2 tbsp vegetable cooking oil,medium heat, then add the paste in and stir well, add palm sugar and mix well until palm sugar dissolve and the sauce become darker..
- Add pork belly in, keeping stirring it until the sauce caramelised pork belly..
- Add 5 spice seasoning in and mix well. Add soysauce, fishsauce and sweet dark soysauce stir well..
- Add some water, bring it up to boil and let it simmer on low heat for about 20-30 minutes.
- On another saucepan add water and some salt bring it to boil. Add eggs in and cook for 4-6 min depending on how you like your egg cook. Once your eggs cooked, transfer to a bowl of cold water, peel the shells off, put the eggs back into the pork belly saucepan..
- Leave it to cook for about a few more minutes then add some finely chopped coriander. You can leave your egg to cook until well done too it’s really depends on how you like your eggs to be cooked..
- Serve with Thai jasmine rice. It’s so delicious and the most comforting food..
Stir to mix well and add the rock sugar. This beloved Chinese braised pork gets its reddish color from two soy sauces combined with a pinch of Serve the tender pork belly morsels and boiled eggs with a light vegetable, like bok choy. Mom's Chinese Braised Pork Belly ("hong shao rou"). Chinese Cured Pork Belly (Chinese Bacon)China Sichuan Food. pork belly, salt, five spice powder, garlic. Red braised pork belly or Red-cooked pork belly (红烧肉)is one of the most famous Classic Chinese dishes.