Cantonese Siumai (Steamed spork, Mushroom & Shrimp Dim Sum).
You can cook Cantonese Siumai (Steamed spork, Mushroom & Shrimp Dim Sum) using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cantonese Siumai (Steamed spork, Mushroom & Shrimp Dim Sum)
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 100 g of Minced Pork.
- It’s 150 g of Shrimp.
- You need 2 of Shiitake Mushroom.
- Prepare 1 of TBPS Oyster Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of TPS Sesame Oil.
- You need 1 of TPS Shaoxin Wone.
- You need 1/2 of TPS Sugar.
- You need 1 of TPS Minced Ginger.
- Prepare of Wrap.
- Prepare 1 of PCK Wonton Skin.
Cantonese Siumai (Steamed spork, Mushroom & Shrimp Dim Sum) step by step
- Soak shrimps in salt water for 5 minutes, drain, dry, rough chop & set aside.
- Rehydrate, rough chop shiitake mushroom & set aside.
- Minced ginger.
- Add all fillings into processor and blend it until it becomes pasty (EXCEPT Shrimps & Shiitake).
- Add in shrimp & mushroom and blend it roughly. (Do not blend it too much to retain texture and bite).
- Add 2 TBPS of filling on the middle of the skin.
- Moisten the edge of skin with clean water using your index finger.
- Gather the corners, make an “ok” sign with your thumb & index finger 👌🏽.
- Put dumpling on your “ok” sign and gently tap it through.
- Based on your own judgement, tidy any messy bits of skin.
- You may use a metal steamer, wok or bamboo steamer (instruction is based on the bamboo steamer).
- Line steamer with a piece of parchment paper.
- Put Siumai in (Do not overcrowd).
- Add about 2 inches of water into a wok to boil.
- Once the water starts to boil, put bamboo steamer in, cover and cook for 8 – 10 minutes.