Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie.
You can have Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie using 23 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie
- You need of Hot water crust——————.
- You need 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It\’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of lard.
- It\’s 1/3 cup of water.
- It\’s 2/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It\’s 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It\’s of Filling————————.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1-1/4 pound of ground pork.
- It\’s 15 ounce of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- You need 1 pound of red potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped celery.
- It\’s 4 of large diced carrots.
- You need 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It\’s 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Egg wash——————-.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It\’s 1-1/2 tablespoons of water.
Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Dice the potatoes, carrots, and onions..
- Brown the beef with the potatoes, carrots, and onions. Add the spices and Worcestershire sauce..
- Cook till the potatoes are fork tender. Add the 2/3 cup flour. Mix in well stir in the broth and let thicken. Set aside..
- The crust, heat the water, butter, and lard. Let it boil till every ingredient is incorporated well..
- Mix the hot water water mixture with the salt, baking soda, and flour. You will have to use this right away. While it\’s hot..
- Knead till incorporated. Form in the spingform pan two thirds of the dough..
- Push till the bottom and sides are covered with no holes or openings. Keep the dough hot. That\’s why it is important to have the filling ready to go..
- Add the filling..
- Roll the dough out big around enough to cover the complete top of the pie. Best results is between two sheets of wax or plastic wrap. Work the dough while it\’s hot to get the best seal..
- Crimp the edges, and seal. Poke a hole in the center with a wooden spoon. Make a small “X” in the circle..
- Coat the top with egg wash. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes..
- Rotate a half turn and bake 15 more minutes..
- Take out and let rest 15 minutes.
- Serve. I hope you enjoy!!.
May you Also Like
Recipe: Yummy Hand Raised Pork pie
Recipe: Delicious Pork Pies
Easiest Way to Make Delicious Vickys Traditional British Pork Pie
Recipe: Delicious Whisky Sauce Pork Pie
Recipe: Appetizing Vietnamese savory steamed egg & pork pie
Recipe: Perfect Pork Pie
Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Vickys Cranberry Topped Christmas Pork Pies, GF DF EF GF NF