Cooking Light's Chili Mac.
You can cook Cooking Light's Chili Mac using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cooking Light's Chili Mac
- You need 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 lb of Trader Joe's Beefless Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1/2 c of water.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of can of tomato sauce, no salt added.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of diced tomatoes, no salt added.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can of red beans, drained.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 c of uncooked elbow macaroni.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of frozen corn.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Trader Joe's corn chips.
Cooking Light's Chili Mac instructions
- In a large dutch oven, saute onion in olive oil on medium heat until soft. Add green pepper and saute until soft. Add some water to saute and prevent scorching if needed. Also you may cover, stirring frequently to hasten cooking along..
- Add Beefless Ground Beef and garlic. Saute until heated through and slightly browned. Add 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 3-4 minutes covered to combine flavors..
- Heat 1-2 quarts of water in a small saucepan to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain when cooked..
- Add canned tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, red beans, and tomato paste to Beefless beef mixture and stir to combine..
- Add elbow macaroni and corn. Stir to combine. Add chili powder, cumin and salt. You may add pepper if you prefer. I use Chimayo chile powder and recommend it if you can obtain it..
- Cook for 30 minutes simmering on low medium heat. Stir every 10 minutes to prevent scorching. Add 1/4 c of water if needed. The final result should not be very saucy..
- Serve in shallow bowls, top with cheddar cheese. Corn chips on the side. Use to scoop up chili mac or crumbled on top. Both are preferred methods in our house..
May you Also Like
Recipe: Yummy Keto Mini Meatloaf
How to Cook Yummy Mushroom Salmon Rice with Tomato Basil Eggs
How to Cook Tasty Outer leaf of Lettuce & Bacon with Beaten Egg
How to Cook Yummy My Southern Black Eyed Peas with Collard Greens
Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Maw's Baked Beans
Recipe: Perfect Pink Beans Batch 4
How to Make Appetizing Tuna & Bell Peppers Salad w/ Egg Whites
Recipe: Appetizing Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast
Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Salt-Grilled Salmon (Salmon Shiozake)
Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Baked Beans of the Plains
Recipe: Yummy Carrot beans poriyal
How to Prepare Appetizing 三文鱼优格天使面 Salmon Yogurt Angel Hair Pasta