Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce.
You can have Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce
- It’s of The sauce ….
- You need 2-3 tbs. of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of large yellow onion, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno pepper, sliced thin.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, drained.
- You need 1 cup of brown gravy, ready-made.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- You need Dash of salt, pepper, paprika, and dried thyme, & coriander.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, finely chopped.
- You need 1.25 of lbs. ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of large yellow onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1/3 cup of plain dried breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of “cooked” white rice.
- Prepare Dash of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and dried thyme.
- You need 4 of large bell peppers, seeded, and white ribs, stems removed.
Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce instructions
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan, add the onions and jalapeno pepper. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes until translucent. Add the tomatoes, brown gravy, brown sugar, vinegar, spices and fresh herb..
- Bring to a slight boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and set aside..
- Prepare the 1/2 cup of cooked rice in a small saucepan and set aside to cool. In a large pot, fill it about 2” with water and bring to a light boil..
- With a paring knife, cut the tops of the peppers. [Save the tops] Lightly trim the bottom of the peppers so that they stand straight and even. Scoop out the seeds and white ribs with a spoon. Lightly puncture a small whole in the bottoms from the inside..
- Place the peppers in the boiling water, reduce the heat, and cover with a lid. Steam them for 5 minutes. Remove the pot from the stove, drain the water, and run the peppers under cold water. Remove the peppers from the pot and place upside down to dry and cool..
- Heat oven to 350˚..
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, onions, breadcrumbs, cooked rice, and spices. Add 1/3 cup of the sauce to the mixture and mix lightly with your hands..
- With a large spoon, fill the peppers with the meat mixture. Place the cut bell pepper “lids” on top of each to cover..
- Pour half the sauce mixture into a small or medium casserole dish. Place the peppers neatly into the dish and cover with the remaining sauce..
- Place the casserole dish into the heated oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the dish from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Serve the peppers in a bed of mashed potatoes, top them with the sauce and chopped cilantro..
May you Also Like
How to Make Perfect Saucy Salmon Patty
Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious barbacoa de chivo o borego al horno (mexican bbq goat or lamb in th...
Recipe: Yummy Stuffed green pepper taco with Parma chip
Recipe: Delicious Baked green peas with Broccoli chips
Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Tartare of Tuna
Recipe: Tasty Orange Citrus Glaze for Pork, Chicken and Seafood
Recipe: Appetizing Pistachio souffle
Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Asian Spiced Pork Ribs
Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Greens Medley II
Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Pork Ribs on Tomato
Recipe: Delicious Egg with Avocado 🥑
Recipe: Tasty Mike's EZ Baked Salmon & Asparagus W/ Hollandaise