Easy Homemade Bread Loaf. The BEST Homemade Bread recipe – the most delicoius, most fluffy loaf of homemade white bread! Remove loaves and let cool; they should sound hollow when the bottom of the loaf is tapped, and feel light in the hand. Milk changes bread recipes by producing a softer loaf, due to the milk fat content, which also gives bread a richer flavor.
Garlic Bread made from a sliced loaf is made for a crowd and is the easiest and mess-free way to serve a whole lot of garlic bread, with minimal work. So if you're planning pasta nights for a crowd and you're thinking of making a garlic bread to go with it, I highly suggest this homemade Garlic. Learn how to make bread with our simple step-by-step guide to baking the perfect white bread loaf. You can cook Easy Homemade Bread Loaf using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Homemade Bread Loaf
- It’s 500 g of wholewheat bread flour (+ some extra for dusting).
- You need 10 g of active dried yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 300 ml of lukewarm water.
Homemade Bread Recipe: I love making homemade bread for my family. Molding bread dough is such a satisfying process to watch. Sprinkle a bit of flour on top of the dough. Using your hands, begin to shape it into a loaf.
Easy Homemade Bread Loaf instructions
- Add 500g of flour to a large mixing bowl. You will need an electric mixer with the dough hook attachment in place. If you don’t have one, you can mix it by hand. Add 10g of yeast to the one side of the mixing bowl and 1 tsp of salt to the other. The salt can damage the yeast if they have too much direct contact..
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Slowly drizzle in about half of the water and mix until the mixture starts to form a rough dough. Continue adding in the water until all of the flour is incorporated and the sides of the bowl are clean..
- Knead for 7–10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. Rub the dough with a little olive oil and place it into a bowl. Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise until approximately double in size (about an hour)..
- Remove your dough from the bowl, lightly flour your work surface and gently press out the air using the heel of your hand. Give your dough a quick second kneading..
- Form the dough into a rough loaf shape, folding it into thirds. Place the dough into a lightly greased large loaf tin, fold side down, and leave to prove again for a further hour, covered with a tea towel. About halfway through this time, preheat your oven to 200ºC (392ºF)..
- Gently flour the surface of your loaf and place the loaf tin in the oven. Then to the bottom of your oven add a handful of ice cubes to a shallow oven tray. The ice cubes will release steam and give your dough a good rise and your loaf a nice crispy crust..
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, or until the loaf makes a hollow knocking sound when tapped on the underside with your knuckles. Let cool for at least 30mins before cutting..
These meals will make your weeknights way simpler. (And tastier!) A quick and easy artisan homemade bread recipe that is adaptable. It's perfect for smothering in butter, dipping in oil, or slicing for sandwiches. A great loaf of bread leaves a lasting first impression and keeps me coming back for more. This is a homemade bread recipe that we've been making for. This loaf is the simplest bread we know how to bake at home and it requires no stand mixer, no starter, no special knowledge, and no kneading.