Lemon Sugar Cookies. I may be a chocoholic but these cookies got me from the first bite. It was from the first bite of cookie dough because after one taste, I was hooked! These Lemon Sugar Cookies are buttery and soft, with the perfect hint of lemon.
And honestly, I'm not picky about the type of food it's typically associated with! These lemon sugar cookies are thick and chewy and easy to freeze. Easy to make in one bowl with fresh lemon and everyday ingredients! You can have Lemon Sugar Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Prepare 1 stick of butter, softened.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar, separated.
- It’s 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s of Zest of 2 small/medium lemons.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
I spent a whole week baking lemon cookies. I do adore Lemon Sugar Cookies-they are soft, chewy, and rolled in sugar. Ring in spring with a batch of Lemon Sugar Cookies. They are light, refreshing, and the perfect treat for a sunny day.
Lemon Sugar Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk together to combine..
- In a medium bowl, using a hand or standing mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and 3/4c sugar until light and fluffy. (about 3-4 minutes or so). Add egg, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined..
- Slowly pour in the dry ingredients and beat just until combined–do not over mix. Roll cookie dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls and roll into the remaining 1/4 cup sugar (add sugar into a small bowl first.) and place about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking pan..
- Bake 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool before eating..
- Store in an air tight container or freeze. (They never last long in my glass cookie jar lol!).
These Lemon Sugar Cookies feature traditional sugar cookie dough dressed up with tart lemon juice and grated lemon peel. For more delicious cookies Keyword: Cookie, Lemon. Reviews for: Photos of Lemon Sugar Tea Cookies. They have always been one of my favorites and they really are quite versatile. Who would have thought that lemon sugar cookies could trump gooey, chewy chocolate chip, or The thing is, these Soft and Chewy Lemon Sugar Cookies may not be loaded up and oozing with.