Vegetable ham stew. Another great way to use up that leftover ham. Great way to use the leftover ham! Ham and Vegetable Stew – Down to earth and just delicious – guaranteed to be gone fast!
This stew was delicious and lives up to the name. The sauce was also very rich. Place ham bone in large pot and. of frozen mixed vegetables for carrots, beans, peas, corn, . and pepper to taste. You can have Vegetable ham stew using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable ham stew
- Prepare 1 of meaty ham bone.
- You need of crockpot.
- Prepare 6 cup of water.
- You need 2 of beef bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 head of red cabbage.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced carrots.
- Prepare 6 of mushrooms (quartered).
- You need 3 of green onions.
- You need 1 of yellow squash.
- You need 2 cup of frozen french cut green beans.
- You need 1 cup of fresh frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic salt (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of sage.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1 large of bay leaf.
Garbure (French Ham and Vegetable Stew). The key to the rich flavor of this peasant soup is the smoked ham hock. Be sure to purchase a meaty cross-cut hock (which looks like. Cook this hearty stew in a slow cooker for a super easy dinner.
Vegetable ham stew instructions
- Remove skin, ligaments, and fat from the meaty ham bone..
- Boil/simmer bone until meat falls off (~1 hr.).
- Remove and reserve meat. For low fat version discard liquid, otherwise skim fat and reserve liquid..
- Add bouillon cubes and water or reserved liquid to crockpot..
- Add tomato paste to crockpot and stir..
- Add ham to crockpot.
- Coarsely chop vegetables and add to crockpot..
- Add water to cover contents..
- Add spices, stir, cover and cook on low ~6 hours or until carrots are done..
View top rated Vegetable ham soup recipes with ratings and reviews. Potato, Broccoli, Ham Soup – Apple Cranberry Crisp, Souper #SundaySupper: Vegetable Medley Soup with Broccoli… You can add any veg you like to this versatile stew. Just add root veg and squash at the beginning, green veg towards the end and frozen peas or sweetcorn at the last minute. Try an easy vegetable beef stew recipe made with stewing beef, onions, potatoes, and carrots The stew is a basic combination of ingredients. The condensed beef broth gives it more beef flavor than.