Blackforest cheesecake. A lovely moist dense pound-cake like chocolate cake with a decadent cheesecake ribbon. This recipe by Carey Enns of Aylmer Ontario. Wonderful no bake black forest cheesecake.
Chocolate and cherries are an undeniably great combo and this black forest cheesecake is a great vehicle for showcasing this delightful pairing. This Black Forest Cheesecake is a decadent dark chocolate cheesecake topped with cherries, whipped cream, and chocolate curls for a delicious and beautiful dessert. This Black Forest Cheesecake is a decadently creamy, dark chocolate cheesecake topped with cherry pie filling, sweetened whipped cream, and chocolate curls. You can have Blackforest cheesecake using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blackforest cheesecake
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of crushed Oreos (16 cookies).
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 12 oz. (1 bag) of semi-sweet chocolate chips (high quality).
- You need 3 packages (8 oz.) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s of Whipped Cream (3/4 cup heavy cream).
- It’s 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla).
- Prepare 1 can of cherry pie filling.
Top cheesecake with pie filling and whipped topping just before serving. Black Forest Cheesecakes layered with an Oreo crust, a rich, velvety smooth chocolate cheesecake, sweet and fluffy whipped creamy and a slightly tart, vibrantly red luscious. This dark, indulgent chocolate cheesecake swirled with cherries is a great showstopper for any occasion. Rich and decadent chocolate cheesecake topped with cherry filling and whipped cream.
Blackforest cheesecake instructions
- Pull out all ingredients, and allow them to sit out at room temperature while you make the crust..
- Preheat oven to 375F. Crush the cookies in a bag (no need to remove the filling), then place cookie crumbs in a bowl. Melt the butter in a small bowl, then pour butter over crumbs and stir until evenly moist. Dump mixture into the bottom of a 9"springform pan and press down firmly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan about 1". Bake crust in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes..
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot. Pour chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl (I use a glass bowl) that is large enough to sit in the pot without being submerged in the water. Place the bowl on top of the pot and let the steam melt the chocolate. Stir until fully melted and smooth. Set aside..
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (using a paddle attachment), blend (room temperature) cream cheese until smooth..
- Add sugar and blend until fully incorporated..
- Add salt, sour cream and vanilla and continue to blend..
- Add melted (and cooled) chocolate and blend to combine..
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and blend together with a fork. Add eggs to the cheesecake mixture and blend on low speed just until combined. You do not want to beat the mixture too much after the eggs are added, or you will incorporate too much air causing it to later puff up and deflate..
- Pour filling into baked crust. Reduce oven temperature to 300F..
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 55-65 minutes, until the center barely jiggles when nudged..
- To prepare water bath, wrap the cheesecake pan (bottom and sides) with foil, (you may need to criss cross a few sheets of foil) so that no water can get into the pan. Place the foil wrapped cheesecake pan in a large roasting pan or baking dish, then pour HOT water into the roasting dish until the water is about 1" deep. Carefully move to oven and bake..
- Cool cheesecake at room temperature 30 minutes, then cover and move to the refrigerator and chill for 8 hours or overnight..
- Top chilled cheesecake with whipped cream (3/4 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla). Beat cream until it begins to thicken, add powdered sugar and vanilla, then continue to beat until thick and fluffy..
- Top whipped cream layer with 1 can of cherry pie filling..
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Cut with a sharp knife, and wipe off the knife with a moist/hot washcloth between cuts..
A retro combination of flavours, black forest NEVER goes out of style. This super simple cheesecake recipe is such a quick and easy dessert to rustle up! Black Forest Cheesecake from NC Visuals is a video which teaches you how to make this delicious cake. Directed and edited by Nacho Castillo Music : EMBRZ-Lights… Elegant and festive, Black Forest Cheesecake is the perfect addition to your Holiday A rich and chocolaty cream cheese filling with a layer of chopped maraschino cherries tops. Be the first to rate & review!