Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup.
You can have Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup using 35 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup
- You need of FOR THE DUMPLINGS.
- You need 1 Bag (30 Count) of Pork & Mushroom Dumplings [frozen – to be added last].
- It’s of FOR THE BROTH LIQUIDS/SEASONINGS.
- You need 5 (14 oz) Cans of Beef Or Pork Broth [I use beef].
- You need 2 tbsp of Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic Chile Sauce [I use Siracha].
- You need 1 Pinch of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Rice Wine Vinager.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of FOR THE HERBS & VEGETABLES:.
- You need 5 of Thai Chilies [minced].
- It’s 2 of LG Jalapeños [sliced].
- Prepare 6 of LG Garlic Cloves Or 1/3 Cup [smashed & fine minced].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Minced Lemon Grass.
- You need 2 Cups of Fresh Mushrooms [rough chop – i used oyster mushrooms].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Canned Bamboo Shoots.
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Bean Sprouts [left whole + 1 cup reserved].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Snap Peas [left whole].
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Purple Onions [thin sliced or chopped green onions].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Canned Water Chestnuts [left whole].
- You need 1 Cup of Canned Baby Corn [cut in half if too large].
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh Ginger [chopped matchbook style].
- You need 1/3 Cup of Fresh Diakon Radishes [chopped matchbook style].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Fresh Thai Basil [must be Thai – leaves left whole – to be added last + reserves for garnish].
- You need of FOR THE OPTIONS & GARNISHMENTS:.
- It’s of Fresh Carrots [sliced matchbook style – to be added to your broth while simmering].
- Prepare of Additional Garlic Chile Sauce.
- It’s of Additional Fresh Thai Basil.
- Prepare of Green Onions [chopped].
- You need of Chilled Pickled Ginger [a MUST try!].
- Prepare of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s of Lime Wedges.
Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup step by step
- Here's what you'll need..
- This is a great dumpling brand. You can find this, as well as all other ingredients listed in your local Asian market. It's also much cheaper to shop there. This entire dish – enough to feed four – cost less than $10.00..
- Mix everything in the FOR THE BROTH LIQUIDS/SEASONINGS section and bring broth to a gentle simmer..
- Chop and prepare everything in the FOR THE HERBS & VEGETABLES section. Add everything to your simmering broth except for the dumplings, Thai Basil and 1 cup reserved bean sprouts. And OPTIONS. [unless you opt for the carrots] Allow your vegetables and herbs to simmer for 30 minutes..
- Bring pot up to a steady boil and add your frozen dumplings and your reserved 1 cup of sprouts. It's important your reserve your 1 cup sprouts be added last for texture, bite and snap..
- At 10 minutes in to your dumpling boil, add your Thai Basil. Then simmer 5 minutes longer. This is another important step. The fresh Thai Basil will add to the sweetness. Stir constantly as so your dumplings don't stick together. Because they will. Also, stir from the bottom as to not break up your dumplings. You'll know your dumplings are fully cooked when they float. Know your soup will thicken up with the addition of your dumplings..
- Serve immediately with sides of fresh lime wedges, fresh Cilantro leaves, garlic chilie sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce and fresh Thai Basil. Thai Basil really does make this dish! So does the chilled pickled Ginger! Try just one hot dumpling with chilled pickled ginger on it. I swear, it's a freaking life changer! Enjoy!.