Bubur Candil/Glutinous Rice Flour Porridge. Bubur Candil is one of many varieties of Indonesian porridge. It is made of glutinous rice flour (tepung ketan) then shape it like small ball and dip in coconut When the balls are floating to the top of water level, pour the the mixture of rice flour and white glutinous rice flour then stir the porridge. Bubur Candil is one of the traditional Indonesian food made of glutinous rice flour.
I usually like to eat this sweet porridge in. This black glutinous rice also contains a lot of fiber and antioxidants. It takes some time to cook compared to regular rice, so some soaking in advance is advised. You can cook Bubur Candil/Glutinous Rice Flour Porridge using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bubur Candil/Glutinous Rice Flour Porridge
- It’s of For the Candill :.
- You need 200 gram of white glutinous rice flour.
- You need 175 ml of warm water.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 kg of sweet potatoes ( boiled, peeled and mashed.
- Prepare of For the Porridge:.
- Prepare 800 ml of water.
- You need 200 gram of palm sugar.
- It’s 2 of Pandan leaf.
- You need of For the Coconut Milk Sauce :.
- It’s 250 ml of thick coconut milk.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 of Pandan leaves.
- Prepare 25 gr of riceflour & 25gr whiteglutinousrice flour mix with 50ml wtr.
Stir occasionally to prevent rice from sticking to the pot. You can add more water if the porridge is dry and the rice has not split yet. Bubur ketan hitam, also known as bubur pulut hitam or bubur injun, is a popular Indonesian sweet porridge from black glutinous rice (or black sticky rice), palm sugar, scented with pandan leaves, and eaten with thick coconut milk. This simple dessert is not only popular in Indonesia, but also throughout. asian banana leaf bubur candil central java chewy coconut cooking cuisine delicious dish food glutinous rice flour indonesian javanese jenang milk pincuk plate porridge savory savoury snack snacks street food sweet tapioca taste tasteful tasty traditional vintage.
Bubur Candil/Glutinous Rice Flour Porridge instructions
- How to make the balls (candil) : Mix white glutinous rice,salt n mashed sweet potato (if you don’t use sweet potato then you can slowly add water and knead using hand. Stop adding water when you already can form the mixture into balls.) Shape it like a small ball..
- How to make the porridge : Boil the water with palm sugar and pandan leaf. When it’s boiling drop the balls into it until the balls are floating to the top of water level then remove from the heat..
- How to make the coconut milk sauce : Boil the coconut milk together with pandan leaves and salt. When it’s boiling pour the the mixture of rice flour and white glutinous rice flour then stir it until boiled n turn off the stove..
- Serve the porridge with coconut milk sauce..
Mix Glutinous Rice Flour and Tapioca Flour until well mixed. Make a well in the middle, pour in water and salt little by little. Mix well with hand until it formed a soft dough Place the rice balls in the sauce. To serve, pour the coconut milk on top of Bubur Candil. Bubur Candil Indonesians love sweet for dessert.