Sig's Chinese lettuce (leaf). A wide variety of chinese leaf lettuce options are available to you, such as hybrid, cultivation type, and applicable industries. ChineseHealthyCook. 蒜香莴苣叶Fry lettuce leaves with garlic. 田园时光Garden Time homemade cuisine. What is Chinese Leaf – is it a cabbage or a lettuce?
There are a couple recipes in Chinese cuisine that use raw lettuce leaves to wrap stir-fried Iceberg lettuce has high levels of water content and is very low in calories so it's very good for weight loss. Lactuca sativum Also known as Pointed Leaf Lettuce. As its name suggests, this oriental lettuce has long pointed bright green leaves. You can cook Sig's Chinese lettuce (leaf) using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Chinese lettuce (leaf)
- Prepare of I pointed chinese leaf cabbage.
- Prepare 100 gr of creme fraiche.
- It’s 1/4 of mug vegetable stock made from 2 knorr or similar cubes.
- It’s Pinch of nutmeg.
- You need of Grated cheese (optional).
Taiwan lettuce is referred to as a choy and is a very popular vegetable green in Taiwan. Harvest at an early stage when leaves and. Chinese lettuce is also known as 生菜, pronounced as sang choy in Cantonese and sheng cai in mandarin. In the lowlands, the Chinese lettuce has long loose leaves with frilled edges, and does not form a tight round head like the common iceberg lettuce variety.
Sig's Chinese lettuce (leaf) step by step
- First preheat your oven to about 175. Remove the outer leaves and then wash the chinese cabbage whole under the tap. Heat water to boiling point to blanch cabbage for about 2-3 minutes depending on size. Remove from boiling water, discard water. Drain cabbage very well and dry slightly. Cut in to 2 halves or if very large into quarters. Arrange in an ovenproof dish..
- Mix the stock cubes with the water, cool down, then mix with the creme fraiche. Pour over the cabbage and then gently heat in oven making sure that creme fresh does not curdle but still browns slightly..
- Sprinkle with bacon bits or toasted some garlicky breadcrumbs over it..
Chinese Sword LettuceLactuca sativa This fast growing lettuce is also known as Taiwan sword leaf lettuce , Pointed leaf lettuce and Oriental Lettuce. The thin, long, bright green slightly serrated leaves grow from the central stem and form pointy tipped leaves. Great Chinese Lettuce Wraps are all about the sauce. Lettuce – Typically served at Chinese restaurants using crisp iceberg lettuce leaves which are cut. Chinese lettuce, aka celtuce, aka stem lettuce, aka asparagus lettuce, is a versatile vegetable that's great Getting to Know Chinese Lettuce, aka Stem Lettuce, aka Celtuce.