Spicy chicken and cashew nuts. Spicy Cashew Chicken – easy and delicious chicken with cashew nuts with just the right amount of spicy heat. This cashew chicken is delicious and perfect for a main dish, but it would also be super yummy as an appetizer. Just pick up some butter lettuce (or regular ol' iceburg) and peel the leaves to make lettuce cups.
Remove from the heat and mound in the center of a large platter for serving. Drizzle the chicken and cashews with the sesame oil and serve with cooked white rice. Add sauce mixture and chicken to pan. You can cook Spicy chicken and cashew nuts using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy chicken and cashew nuts
- You need 400 g of chicken breast.
- Prepare of Large chopped onion.
- It’s of Large chopped red pepper.
- It’s 2-3 of dried chillies depending on your taste.
- Prepare 100 g of peeled, unsalted cashew nuts.
- Prepare to taste of Soy sauce.
- You need of Sprinkle of brown sugar.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- You need of Rice to serve.
Serve with rice and garnished with scallions. For the chicken, place the egg into a bowl, add the cornflour and a pinch of salt and whisk well to combine. Add the chicken to the mixture and coat well in the egg. Heat a wok until smoking and.
Spicy chicken and cashew nuts step by step
- Fry onions and chillies in sesame oil. As they start to soften, add the peppers. Cook for 2-3 mins on medium high heat.
- Add nuts and chicken. Then add a good amount of Soy sauce and sugar. Continue cooking for about 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Serve with rice and enjoy 😊.
In order to use the same oil to fry the cashew nuts, dry chilies, and chicken, yet all separately, I first fried the raw cashew nuts. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and set aside. This homemade Cashew Chicken tastes as good as the cashew chicken you get from takeout. It's loaded with flavor from the cashew chicken sauce and full of delicious texture from the veggies and cashews.