Use-up Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding.
You can have Use-up Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Use-up Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 50 g of butter.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 3 slices of Parma ham, in pieces.
- Prepare 1 of red or green pepper, deseeded and in small chunks.
- It’s 4 slices of white bread: use wholemeal/granary bread if preferred.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard, ready-made of your preferred variety.
- It’s 1 of very little salt and black pepper.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 250 ml of milk.
- Prepare 60 g of cheese, grated. Cheddar would be normal but use any spare hard cheese. This time I used up some Emmentaler.
Use-up Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5 or electric equivalent and butter an ovenproof dish..
- Thickly butter one side of the bread slices and cut into triangles or squares and place in dish buttered side up. Gently smear the mustard onto the bread, then add the Parma ham..
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and pepper, stir and fry for a further 2 minutes until all is softened but not browned..
- Spread the onion, garlic and pepper over the bread. Very lightly season..
- Beat the eggs and milk together and pour over the rest. Sprinkle the cheese evenly..
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a nice golden brown. Serve and Enjoy!.