Vegan apricot-lavender Jam. This delicious apricot jam with lavender makes a great food gift. The trick to infuse the jam with lavender aroma is to process a portion of the sugar with lavender. This French provincial Jam is aromatic, silky, low on sugar, full of fruit and has a lovely floral note through the lavender.
Pit and finely chop three Place apricots in a large bowl; mash with a potato masher until crushed. Stir in sugar and lemon juice; add cheesecloth bag, stirring until moistened. Remove the apricot pits and cut the fruit into half. You can have Vegan apricot-lavender Jam using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan apricot-lavender Jam
- You need 2 1/2 pounds of or 1250g perfect fresh ripe apricots (washed, stoned and cut in half).
- Prepare 1 pound of or 500gr. Cane Sugar.
- It\’s 1 Tsp of Vanilla Paste.
- It\’s 3 Tbsp of fresh Lemon Juice.
- You need 7 sprigs of lavender flower heads, free of insecticide (or Rosemary).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Agar Agar powder.
- You need 3/4 Cup of or 200 ml Cold Water.
Sprinkle on the sugar, and stir to combine. The lavender in this Apricot Lavender Jam adds a faint floral note – an unexpected and delightful addition. Find this Pin and more on Canning, jams, jells and others by Toni Solomon. Halve and stone the apricots and chop them.
Vegan apricot-lavender Jam step by step
- In a pot add the apricots, vanilla, lemon juice, half of the water, sugar and lavender. Bring it to a soft boil and cook the jam for about 10 min. Keep an eye on the Jam and stir a few times. Meanwhile, mix the agar with the rest of the water. After the cooking time, mix in the agar water into the Jam and continue to simmer for about 2 min..
- Then blend everything very smooth with a mixer or hand blender. Sieve the jam through a fine sieve. Fill the hot jam into prepared sterilised Jars, close them and turn them upside down. Let them rest overnight. Makes about 4 125ml or 1/2 Cups of Jam Enjoy!.
Put in a preserving pan with the lavender, lemon juice and sugar. When the fruit is completely soft and partly broken up, whack up the heat and boil until the setting point is reached. Apricot Lavender Jam, Apricot And Lavender Jam, Apricot And Lavender Jam. On the Menu Today~ Apricot-Lavender Jam Sweet, fruity apricots, are paired with delicate lavender, resulting in a delicious jam. Perfect to fill jam tarts or great just on bread.