You can cook Pilchard Fishcakes using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pilchard Fishcakes
- You need 400 g of pilchards in chilli sauce.
- Prepare 155 g of pilchards in tomato sauce.
- It\’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It\’s 1 clove of garlic crushed.
- You need of Ginger 1cm crushed.
- You need of Zest and juice of 1/4 lemon.
- It\’s 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of sliced spring onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped coriander.
- It\’s 1 of chopped chillie or Jalepeno.
- It\’s 1/4 cup of dessicated coconut.
- Prepare 2 cups of brown bread crumbs.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Oil for shallow frying.
Pilchard Fishcakes instructions
- Preapre ingredients.
- Place tinned pilchards with sauce into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add in the cumin powder, coriander powder, garlic, ginger, lemon zest and juice, onion, spring onion, chillie/jalapeno and chopped coriander. Season with salt and mix well..
- Once mixed add in the breadcrumbs, desiccated coconut and egg. Mix again and check to see that the mixture binds well together. You can add more bread crumbs if needed..
- Cover and chill for roughly 30 minutes..
- Once chilled, mould into balls a bit bigger than a golf ball.
- Flatten slightly to create a \’patty\’.
- For a healthier option place onto a greased baking sheet and grill for about 15 minutes at which point turn them over and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes or until done..
- Alternatively, heat pan with oil over a moderate heat and shallow fry..
- Turn only when done on one side to prevent them from breaking.
- Serve with a slice of lemon and a side of salad.
May you Also Like
Recipe: Delicious Fishcakes
Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Store cupboard thai fishcake
How to Cook Perfect Lunchbox Mealsʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ:Fishcake omelette with Shrimpballs
Easiest Way to Make Perfect Fishcake
How to Cook Delicious Tuna fishcakes
Recipe: Delicious Hadock fishcake & avocado Salad
How to Prepare Yummy Smoked salmon and horseradish fishcakes
Recipe: Delicious Thai Salmon fishcakes with Asian dressed salad
Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Salmon Fishcake
Recipe: Delicious spicy salmon and tuna fishcakes
Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Philchards Fishcakes
How to Prepare Delicious Broccoli with enoki mushroom and egg tofu