Wholemeal Bread Recipe. This rye bread recipe is lower in gluten than your average white loaf – this recipe uses white or wholemeal Bake our easy bread thins with wholemeal spelt and top with your favourite ingredients. The poet Pam Ayres once said, when describing her home-made wholemeal bread, that it was like 'biting into a cornfield', and that's it. Wholemeal Bread Loaf – There is not much difference between wholemeal and regular white bread.
A classic wholemeal bread recipe with easy step-by-step instructions. This timeless bread recipe was created by James Morton from the Great British Bake Off. I came up with this recipe for wheaten bread because I really enjoy the density of the bread, but prefer it to be a little less dry. You can have Wholemeal Bread Recipe using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wholemeal Bread Recipe
- It’s 100 g of Italian Bread Flour.
- It’s 400 g of Wholemeal Flour.
- It’s 1 Pack of Organic Dried Active Yeast.
- Prepare 1.5 Tbsp of Salt.
- You need 480 ml of Water (between 30°-40°C).
- It’s of Wholemeal Flour for Dusting.
- You need of Sunflower Oil for Coating.
This is a wholemeal version of soda bread, locally called wheaten bread..wholemeal bread or atta bread with detailed photo and video recipe. a type of brown bread bread is prepared with wholemeal wheat. these wheat-based bread are ideal for breakfast and sandwich. The recipe produces a lovely soft centre with a slight crisp crust. Lovely when toasted under the grill and covered in local Berkeley Farm. Dan Lepard's recipe wholemeal bread with added butter.
Wholemeal Bread Recipe step by step
- Combine all ingredients (no need to activate yeast, put straight in with dry ingredients) to make a rough dough – dough will naturally come away from edges of bowl. Let sit for 1 hour, covering bowl with warm damp towel..
- Working around the dough, fold each of the 4 edges to the centre working in a + and then x pattern. Cover bowl with warm damp towel. Let rest for 1-2 hours.
- Dust work surface work, lightly coat a bowl in oil, enough to catch a dusting of flour. Place dutch oven in the oven and preheat at 240°C, bottom element only..
- Turn out the dough on to the dusted surface and fold edges to centre again, pushing out any large bubbles..
- Shape dough in to loaf and let prove once more in the oiled and dusted bowl, seam side down for 30 mins – 1 hr (do not overproof). Cover with oiled clingfilm to avoid drying of dough/early crust formation, stopping bread from rising..
- Using an oiled hand, turn out dough on to a dusted surface and put in to dutch oven, seam side down. Score top of loaf and cook for 30 mins with the lid on. Then a further 15 mins lid off. Amend time if necessary by checking bread in 5 min intervals. Knocking on bread should sound hollow. Should hear bread cracking..
- Cool on rack and wait at least 20 mins before slicing..
- Note: this bread came out absolutely beautifully following recipe as above. However, next time I want to try it with slightly less water..
My crusty, bakery-style, aromatic and yeasty whole wheat bread recipe is must! I prefer wholemeal to white bread because it has a stronger flavour, and because it is unrefined all the fibre and goodness is retained. You can also use this same recipe to make bread rolls. Home » Recipes » Recipes » Wholemeal Bread. There is nothing like the smell of freshly baked bread in the home and this family sized loaf is perfect at any time of the day.