Fishcakes. Rustle up some tasty fish cakes. They\’re easy to make and a great way of using leftover potatoes or fish. Make for starters or as part of a midweek meal. fishcakes.
Forget the days of stodgy bland fishcakes, these fish delights are packed full of flavour, texture and colour. Enjoyed throughout Atlantic Canada and the Maritime, fish cakes are a classic dish. Although some people enjoy them for breakfast, many others eat them for lunch and dinner as well. You can cook Fishcakes using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fishcakes
- Prepare 450 g of skinned fish fillet (I used a pack of fish pie mix for variety).
- It\’s 150 ml of milk.
- Prepare 350 g of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of parsley, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of chives, chopped.
- It\’s 1 of egg.
- It\’s of Flour (for shaping).
- Prepare 85 g of breadcrumbs.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 4 of Lemon wedges to serve.
Download Fishcakes stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Fish is the Dish provides information and recipes for different species of seafood; and the health Homemade Fishcakes. A simple fish cake recipe that shows you how to make salmon fish cakes from scratch. These are great with homemade tartare sauce and some green veggies.
Fishcakes step by step
- Peel and chop up the potatoes. Boil until soft. Drain and mash well..
- Finely chop chives and flat leaf parsley, grate lemon zest. Add to the mash and mix well..
- Add the fish to a pan and cover with 150ml milk and 150ml water. Bring to a simmer and heat for 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat, cover and leave to cook through for 10 minutes..
- Drain the fish and add it to the mash. Flake up the fish a bit, but try and keep some decent pieces for texture..
- Prepare a bowl with breadcrumbs, another with a beaten egg and a board covered in flour. Cover your hands with flour and shape the mixture into 4 fishcakes, roughly 1 inch thick..
- Brush each fishcake with egg..
- Dip each fishcake in the breadcrumbs until completely covered. Put aside on a plate..
- Heat up some oil until it starts to smoke. Add the fishcakes. Turn after 5 minutes (or sooner if they start to brown too quickly)..
- Fry for a minute on the edges to seal the fishcakes all over..
- Serve hot from the pan with a lemon wedge and any veg you want :).
What are your top tips to prevent premature disintegration, and are fishcakes the best thing leftover mash can aspire to? See photos and learn about Korean recipes that use Fish cakes (Eomuk) from Maangchi.com. Tagged: fishcake, 어묵, korean food, korean ingredients, uhmook, uhmuk. I got a bag of mixed fish bits at the fishmonger, and blended them with fresh ginger, chili, and If you\’d like to try something similar, why not try my mud crab cakes? They make a great side dish for my.