Mapo Tofu. This mapo tofu recipe is the true blue, authentic real deal—the spicy, tongue-numbing, rice-is-absolutely-not-optional mapo tofu that you get in the restaurants! Mapo tofu is one of the top ten famous Chinese dishes and enjoys a high popularity among not only At the very beginning, Mapo tofu is named after its creator. It is recorded that there is a couple who.
Mapo Tofu (麻婆豆腐) is a fiery Sichuan pork and tofu stir-fry with the hallmark málà(麻辣) balance of tongue tingling and spicy. Mapo tofu (麻婆豆腐, ma po dou fu) is one of the most popular classic Sichuan dishes. It has a spicy, pungent, and appetizing flavor that goes perfectly with steamed rice. You can cook Mapo Tofu using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mapo Tofu
- Prepare 500 g of soft to medium-firm tofu.
- It’s 12 of dried black mushrooms.
- It’s 80 g of fermented black beans.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 8 cm of ginger, chopped.
- You need 4 of dried Sichuan type peppers, chopped.
- You need 4 of scallions, sliced diagonally.
- Prepare 4 g of Sichuan pepper, lightly crushed.
- It’s 80 g of chili bean paste.
- Prepare 20 g of Chinese cooking wine.
- You need 20 g of light soy sauce.
- It’s 20 g of sesame oil.
- Prepare 20 g of sugar.
- You need 8 g of corn starch.
I love cooking mapo tofu for a. She has an extreme sense of justice and will always step forward to right wrongs. She's also very enthusiastic and hospitable, and can be straightforward but always polite. She is a totally reliable lady.
Mapo Tofu instructions
- Soak the black mushrooms in 0.4 l water for 20 minutes, wring out the excess water back in the bowl and chop the mushrooms. Reserve the mushroom flavoured water for the sauce..
- Chop the ginger and garlic, and crush the black beans slightly..
- Stir fry the mushrooms and black beans on high heat in some peanut oil until slightly crispy and fragrant..
- Lower the heat, add the chopped ginger, garlic, Sichuan pepper, scallion whites and chili, and stir fry until fragrant and the garlic starts to brown..
- Mix the mushroom water with the chili bean paste, wine, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar and add the sauce to the wok and let simmer for a few minutes..
- Cut the tofu in inch sized cubes and add them to the sauce, stirring carefully to avoid breaking them. Let simmer on low heat until the tofu is heated through..
- Mix the corn starch with some cold water and add to the wok, and continue to simmer until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon..
- Adjust hotness with chili oil, "mala" (the numbing quality of the Sichuan pepper) with more Sichuan pepper, saltiness with salt and sweetness with sugar. Garnish with the scallion greens..
- Serves 3-4 on its own or 6-8 as a part of a spread..
Mapo Tofu is a traditional Sichuan dish which features peppercorns and hot peppers to give it that. Mapo tofu needs to be served hot for the best taste. However, since tofu holds heat very well, for In terms of the Mala(麻辣) sensation (the level of hotness and numbness), my Mapo tofu recipe is not. This classic Sichuanese dish could not be simpler. Faster and cheaper than a Chinese restaurant.