bacon and bean soup. Classic bean and bacon soup with white beans, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and plenty of bacon! There's just enough bacon to give the white bean soup plenty of flavor, but not so much as to weigh you down. We've puréed about half of the soup so that it is chunky, with a creamy based that comes.
It's made with simple ingredients and it's way better than canned! There aren't many canned soups out there that I'll buy but the one that I've always bought is Campbell's Bean and Bacon Soup. Dried navy beans are the base for this hearty homemade soup. You can have bacon and bean soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of bacon and bean soup
- Prepare 2 of beef stock cubes.
- It’s 1 packages of bacon.
- Prepare 3 can of red speckled sugar beans.
- You need 1 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 250 ml of fresh cream.
- Prepare 750 ml of boiling water.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of potato, cubed.
- You need 1 dash of lemon juice.
Onions and celery are sauteed with bacon and added to the chicken bouillon broth Add the onions and celery to the reserved grease and bacon and saute until soft, do not drain. Turn the heat down to a simmer and get the other ingredients going. For me it's Bean and Bacon Soup. I remember my mom pulling out that little red Campbell's can and adding water in a small saucepan on our stove.
bacon and bean soup step by step
- fry bacon.
- dissolve 2 beef stock cubes in water.add 750ML beef stock to fried bacon, aswell as beans and potatoes.add salt and pepper to taste.
- add 1 teaspoon curry powder.
- bring to boil until beans and potatoes are soft.
- remove from heat and mash.
- return to heat, LET SIMMER for approx. 10 minutes.
- just before serving add squirt of lemon juice and 250mlk fresh cream.
I was amazed at how easy it was to make a Bean and Bacon Soup using the Instant Pot. First of all, I was able to shave an entire night off the process. A light broth loaded with chunky Great Northern beans and topped with a sprinkling of bacon, this soup was inspired by the caldo gallego (a Spanish wh..of those soups: a white bean and bacon bowl, powered up by ham hock and red pepper, and with a little bit of everything that makes a soup good: creamy You can cook the beans separately while chopping vegetables, cooking bacon, and sautéing aromatics. It also gives a chunkier soup, with. This white bean soup includes chicken broth, bacon, onion, and Great Northern beans.