Roast carrot and fennel with harissa – vegan. Harissa—the North African chile paste that gives this vegetarian dinner its heat—varies greatly from brand to brand. Taste it before you add the vegetables to the marinade, and add more if it strikes you as too tame. For a richer dish, make a fast sauce with mayonnaise whisked with harissa, lemon juice.
Moroccan Roasted Carrots With Harissa [Vegan]. Remove from the oven, drizzle with the Pernod and carefully light with a long match. Shake the pan slightly until the flames go out and serve the vegetables immediately. You can have Roast carrot and fennel with harissa – vegan using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roast carrot and fennel with harissa – vegan
- You need of For the vegetables.
- You need 3 of carrots, quartered lengthways.
- It\’s 1 of fennel bulb, sliced into chunks.
- It\’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of Seasalt and black pepper.
- Prepare of For the dressing.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It\’s 1 tbsp of rose harissa.
- It\’s 1/2 of unwaxed lemon – the zest and juice (the lemon i used was pretty big so if you’re using a small one, you may need the whole thing).
- It\’s 1 tsp of maple syrup (or runny honey if not vegan) if you prefer less heat.
- You need of To serve.
- It\’s 1 handful of flat parsley, roughly chopped.
- You need of and fennel fronds or carrot tops, roughly chopped.
Fennel is similar to celery in looks and texture, but it has a slight licorice, or anise, flavor to it. It\’s not overwhelming, so don\’t worry if you\’re not a It pairs nicely alongside carrots, which take on a sweeter flavor thanks to oven-roasting them. Toss these veggies together with the warm farro, a bit of olive oil. Spread the yogurt or labneh on the bottom of a shallow bowl and gently lay the warm carrots on top.
Roast carrot and fennel with harissa – vegan instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200C..
- Put the vegetables in a bowl and mix with 1 tbsp oil. Season well. Put on a lined baking tray and roast for 20 mins..
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together. Play with the ratios according to your taste..
- When the vegetables are ready, top with the parsley and fennel fronds/ carrot tops if using. And drizzle the dressing on top. And enjoy 😋.
Roasting carrots has a truly magical effect on their flavor. These Spicy Roasted Carrots are paired with Roasted Fennel for a unique and delicious flavor. This recipe is so easy to prep and cook, and presents beautifully at the table, especially when you use a combination of colorful heirloom carrots. Combine roasted carrots, fennel, and onions onto the same baking sheet, drizzle vinaigrette over, and toss to coat well; transfer to a platter. Just before serving, re-toss vegetables to pull up any dressing that may have settled at the bottom of the platter and scatter mint over top.