Caramelised fennel – vegan. This vegan fennel risotto is a delight for your tastebuds – the sweetness of caramelised fennel, combined with the saltiness of garlic herb cashews. Fennel This Roasted Fennel is buttery, caramelized on the edges and deliciously sweet in flavour. This is an easy to prepare side dish that goes fantastically well with roast chicken or fish.
Vegan Caramelized Onion and Fennel Pizza Sweet, savory, complicated, and appealing, this fennel pizza with caramelized onions and soft vegan cheese is a delightful way to transform the fennel bulb. The mushrooms, caramelized onions, and fennel together are almost reminiscent of a sausage pizza in flavor, although much less greasy, way better. Gluten free Vegan Caramelised Fennel and Red Onion Tart. You can have Caramelised fennel – vegan using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramelised fennel – vegan
- Prepare 3 of bulbs of fennel.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- You need of (Also some of the zest if you like).
- It\’s of Seasalt and black pepper.
This tart has a rich nutty crust and a delicious creamy filling. Add some of our smoked gouda to really wow your tastebuds! Meanwhile start on the caramelized fennel. Slice the fennel bulbs thinly omitting the leafy tops.
Caramelised fennel – vegan step by step
- Prepare the fennel: cut the tops and bottoms off, then slice into quarters or eighths depending on the size of bulb..
- Heat the oil on medium heat in a large shallow pan..
- Add the fennel to the pan. Cook for 12-15 mins, stirring regularly. The fennel will soften, become fragrant and start to become golden brown around the edges..
- Take off the heat. (If there’s still a lot of oil left, absorb it with some kitchen roll.) Add lemon juice and seasoning. Stir through..
- To serve, grate some lemon zest on top and add a few fennel fronds if you have some. Enjoy 😋.
Heat the sunflower oil and olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan. To prepare the fennel bulbs, first cut off the leafy fronds and reserve them for a garnish. Now trim off the green shoot by cutting diagonally to make a V-shape. Heat a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the olive oil and then the fennel slices.