Smoked salmon and horseradish fishcakes. A practical guide to everyday eating, Good Food, Sorted is packed with inspiring recipes and invaluable advice on how to plan, make the most of your freezer and use up leftovers so you can save money without compromising on flavour or nutrition. Horseradish sauce and salmon make a perfect pairing in these easy fish cakes. Plenty of people have a jar of horseradish sauce in the fridge for roast meats but not so many know it\’s a great flavour to match with smoked fish – as this recipe demonstrates.
Add the mayonnaise, egg yolk and sweet chilli sauce. Stir in the smoked salmon, capers and dill. Jamie has a fantastic quick & tasty recipe to help make your Christmas celebrations even more special. You can have Smoked salmon and horseradish fishcakes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked salmon and horseradish fishcakes
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need 3 of spring onions.
- You need 4 of big potatoes.
- It\’s 5 tbsp of horseradish sauce.
- You need 8 g of parsley.
- Prepare 250 g of smoked salmon.
- It\’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 200 ml of half-fat creme fraiche.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Beautiful smoked salmon layered on to toasted. Salmon fishcakes are a great party food option. Make this simple recipe in advance so you\’re always ready during the festive period. Since then salmon fishcakes become a staple on the menus of fish restaurants around the world.
Smoked salmon and horseradish fishcakes step by step
- Cook and mash the potatoes.
- Finely chop spring onions and fresh parsley. Chop the smoked salmon..
- Transfer the mashed potato to a large bowl, add 3 tbsp horseradish sauce and and mix well..
- Stir through the spring onions, parsley and grated lemon zest and salmon. Mix well and season with salt to taste if need it..
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal amounts per person and shape into rounds using lightly floured hands. Chill for at least 20 minutes..
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan until hot, then reduce the heat and fry 4 fishcakes over a medium heat for 5 minutes each side until golden and piping hot..
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining horseradish sauce and chop parsley with creme fraiche, to taste..
- Serve the fishcakes with the horseradish sauce..
Loved by many for their unique flavours and possibility of fillings, as. Spicy salmon and sweet potato cakes, smoked salmon and cream cheese cakes, as well as crispy salmon cakes in breadcrumbs. Turn the salmon cakes over that the folds are underneath and plate. Breaded Salmon Cakes with Horseradish Sauce Recipe. I saw quite a few salmon cake recipes here but thought I\’d share this one as well.