Chinese Five Spiced Roast Chicken.
You can cook Chinese Five Spiced Roast Chicken using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Five Spiced Roast Chicken
- You need 1 of whole medium sized chicken.
- It’s 1 bunch of spring onions.
- You need 1 head of garlic, halved through the middle.
- It’s 2 of lemons.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chinese five spice.
- You need 1 tsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 inch of fresh ginger root.
- It’s of Gravy.
- It’s 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
Chinese Five Spiced Roast Chicken instructions
- Peel and slice the ginger. Lay half the slices in the base of a roasting tray. Place the chicken on top. Prep your lemon, spring onions and garlic..
- Mix together the five spice, a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 tsp vegetable oil. Another the chicken in the five spice. Then stuff the cavity with the remaining ginger root, half a lemon (save the other half for the final step with the sauce), half a head of garlic and the green ends of the spring onions. Put the remaining half of garlic in the tray with a drizzle of oil..
- Roast in the oven for 30 mins. Then drizzle with a little oil or juices from the pan, and add the rest of the spring onions to the tray and the remaining lemon cut into 4 wedges..
- Once the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear, lift it out of the tray onto a carving board. Pour the juices from the baking tray into a small saucepan and add the soy, garlic and sweet chilli sauce, squeeze out the insides of the roasted lemons too. Boil for a few minutes to reduce the sauce slightly, then add the juice from the remaining half a lemon. Serve alongside the chicken and some rice, you can drizzle with the sauce as you serve it..