Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf. This Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is inspired by Nigella Lawson's classic meatloaf recipe. I add buttery, caramelized onions to my meat mixture and wrap the. Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaf is the best comfort food you can make for dinner.
This Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is pure comfort food! This classic dinner recipe gets upgraded with yummy flavors and a bacon wrapping – the best way to serve this traditional family meal! Meatloaf is practically synonymous with American cuisine and belongs in every cook's repertoire. You can have Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf
- Prepare of meatloaf.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef (85% preferred).
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dry thyme.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 6 of slices of bacon.
- Prepare of glaze topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of mustard.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
A traditional meatloaf recipe is made with seasoned ground beef combined. This easy Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf recipe will become a family favorite for sure! Meatloaf is back and better than ever, full of flavor, some hidden veggies, and wrapped with delicious thick cut bacon! This Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe is a must for the bacon-lovers in your life.
Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven on 350°F.
- Saute onions in butter until soft..
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl..
- Add dry spices, ketchup, onions and cheese. Mix..
- Crumble ground beef in bowl. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Mix GENTLY to incorporate all ingredients. (mixing aggressively or squeezing and squishing will give you an end result of tough meat.) The mixture will feel fairly wet but should still hold together. Only add more bread crumbs if it doesn't hold..
- Put mixture in a baking dish. Form into a loaf. (Your dish should be larger than you loaf so it isn't drowning in grease).
- Lay slices of bacon across top of loaf until it is completely covered..
- Bake at 350°F for 45 min. If your bacon is not fully crisp at this point then turn oven to broil for a few minutes until crispy..
- While your loaf is cooking mix all glaze ingredients in small bowl..
- Slather the glaze on top of crispy bacon and cook at 350° for about 5-10 minutes until hot..
- You can sprinkle a little cheese on top for garnish..
- Transfer loaf to cutting board removing any fat that has accumulated on bottom of loaf. Slice and enjoy..
Using pre-cooked bacon strips results in less grease and a prettier presentation. What's more comforting and satisfying than meatloaf? How about meatloaf wrapped in bacon, seasoned perfectly, and dowsed with a rich, creamy gravy? I know meatloaf isn't the most popular choice when it comes to dinner, but my family loves a good meatloaf. This Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf has plenty of flavor, thanks to.