Instant Pot Avocado Tacos. The Instant Pot (*affiliate link) was the perfect vehicle for making this Black Bean Taco filling. I prefer using dried beans when cooking, which makes Instant Pot to the rescue! These black bean tacos incorporate black beans, butternut squash, and spices for an easy weeknight or make-ahead meal. (Hence, the inspiration for the Instant Pot Tacos al Pastor!) What Kind of Instant Pot is Best?
Season the meat well with I like to serve my Instant Pot pork carnitas in the traditional style of the street taco – dressed simply with cilantro, avocado and some quick pickled onions. Use a spoon to drizzle the reserved sauce from the Instant Pot(R) over the meat to moisten it and add some more of the marinade flavor. Create tacos by portioning the pork and pineapple chunks on flour tortillas. You can have Instant Pot Avocado Tacos using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Avocado Tacos
- It’s 8 of dried New Mexico chiles, stemmed and broken into small pieces.
- You need 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tbs of canola oil.
- Prepare 4 pounds of pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- It’s 2 tbs of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (optional).
- You need 1 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 1 tbs of cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare of Fixins', optional – tortillas, mexican cheese, avocado, cilantro, green onion, tomato, rice etc. (anything you wanna throw on there).
Add chopped red onion, pico de gallo salsa, avocado, and cilantro. These Instant Pot Pork Tacos are packed with Mexican flavor and spice and cooking them in the Instant Pot ensures they are fall apart tender. I continue to be obsessed with my Instant. The Instant Pot® is the perfect tool for when you've forgotten to defrost your ground beef ahead of time.
Instant Pot Avocado Tacos step by step
- Place New Mexico chiles in a heat-proof bowl. Bring chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Pour over the chiles; left soften, about 30 minutes..
- Turn on a multi-cooker (such as Instant Pot) and the select Saute function. Heat oil in the pot, coat pork with flour and add to pot in batches; saute until golden brown, about 15 minutes..
- Transfer soaked chiles to a blender. Add broth, garlic, and chipotle peppers; blend until smooth..
- Combine blended chile sauce, onion, vinegar, salt, oregano, and cumin in a bowl; pour sauce over the pork and mix together..
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build..
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid..
- Heat up your tortillas and assemble as you like.
Assorted toppings for serving, such as sour cream, shredded Cheddar, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, avocado, sliced black olives, hot sauce. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken. I would suggest a little shredded cheese, a scoop of sour cream or plain greek yogurt, and definitely some fresh chopped cilantro and avocado. These Instant Pot Lentil Tacos are quick and easy to make! Whether you serve them mild or spicy (yes please!) they're sure to rock your weeknight dinner routine and even taste great the next day!