Suji Tukri Halwa(semolina sweet dessert). This very easy and yummy recipe. Sooji is served as a breakfast or a dessert item. Aslam o alikom I came again.
This recipe for sooji ka halwa ("made with semolina") is a popular version with many families because it is one of those simple but very satisfying desserts that hits the sweet spot every time. I can vouch for this dessert, it is TO DIE FOR. To many aficionados of Hare Krishna cooking worldwide, halava rates on top of the list of their favourite It's hot, buttery, sweet, flavoursome and completely satisfying, especially on a cold winter's day. You can have Suji Tukri Halwa(semolina sweet dessert) using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Suji Tukri Halwa(semolina sweet dessert)
- It’s 500 gms of semolina,1/2cup cup ghee/butter.
- It’s 1 cup of mixed DRYFRUITS (almonds,pistachios,dry coconut &raisins.
- Prepare of Sugar syrup(1 1/2 cup sugar,1 cup water,1 tsp cardamom pwd).
- You need 2 of tbsn CONDENSED milk.
In this recipe, the humble semolina teams up with the. Semolina made from durum wheat is yellow in color. Semolina is often used as the base for dried products such as couscous, which is made by mixing In Pakistan and India, semolina is used for such sweets as Suji Halwa and Rava Kesari. Such a preparation is also a popular dessert in Greece.
Suji Tukri Halwa(semolina sweet dessert) instructions
- Chop all the nuts.now take a deep bottom vessel,now add in the semolina and dry roast till u get nice fragrance of roasted semolina,now add ghee and saute few minutes on low flame and add milkmaid and mix it well.off the flame.
- Now prepare the sugar syrup from the above Ingredients.boil the syrup till u get 1 string consistency.now on the flame of semolina mixture..
- Grease the plate or tray in which we will set the batter. Now add the hot syrup into the semolina mixture and mix well.now soon remove on the batter on tray and add the DRYFRUITS and press all together..
- Now cool the mixture for 20 mins coz we added milkmaid,this prevents the mixture for not being too hard.cut the pieces into desired cubes.u can even make without DRYFRUITS. When cooled keep in airtight container and enjoy for weeks..
Make sure to keep stirring because the suji can burn very quickly. Sooji halwa or suji halwa is one of the easiest and simplest sweets ever made. It is very tasty and healthy as semolina is extracted during the durum wheat bran separation. Making sooji halwa/semolina pudding with jaggery makes it iron rich. You may make it with milk or plain water.